Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Indians

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You both like philosophy.
Stranger: Hi
You: Hey
Stranger: Iam from india
You: US
Stranger: Ok
Stranger: Iam kuckoo 23
You: 24
Stranger: So what you think about life
Stranger: I mean
Stranger: What is our basic motive
You: what about it?
Stranger: That is
Stranger: So tell me something weird about us
Stranger: 😑
You: What??
Stranger: About US
Stranger: Something unhappening
Stranger: Like in india, unemployment is the major worry
You: We sometimes say "How were you" (past tense) which doesn't make sense
Stranger: Ohh
Stranger: Is ganjha popular in us
Stranger: ?
You: no
Stranger: Ok
You: I have no idea what that is
Stranger: Its an indian natural drug
Stranger: Which is popular in europe and us
Stranger: You ever been in india or any plans to visit india
You: Nope
Stranger: Even maroon5 and coldplay like india
Stranger: Iam a musician
You: I'm sure
Stranger: What about you
You: I practice piano
Stranger: Oh okay
Stranger: Whats your name
Stranger: ?
You: Adam
Stranger: Okay
You: Do you read philosophy?
Stranger: And besides piano practice what you do
Stranger: Yaa, but not officially
You: study engineering
You: of course, you're a musician
Stranger: Okk
Stranger: So you study engineering in mechanicals?
Stranger: Or?
You: electrical
Stranger: Diode, resistance, ohms law🙄🙄
Stranger: Capacitance
You: yep
Stranger: Welcome to the family
You: ?
Stranger: I study mechanical engineering
Stranger: 😉
You: ok
Stranger: Officially
Stranger: Yeah
You: Ah, I see
Stranger: Okk
Stranger: So anything else you want to talk?
Stranger: Instagram?
You: Idk, I'd like it if you lead
You: Don't have it on my phone
Stranger: Any other way to get in touch with you
You: I really don't know you
You: There are tons of mech egh students
Stranger: Oh ok
Stranger: Got it
Stranger: Yeah right
Stranger: So what you think about india or about asia
You: Countries
You: Do you care about lessening poverty?
Stranger: Yeah
Stranger: If it is possible
Stranger: It will be perfect move for all of us
Stranger: Right?
You: I believe it can be done marginally
Stranger: How?
You: Through volunteering and other methods
Stranger: Yeah, you are right
You: So have you done any volunteering?
Stranger: Even there are lots of socities who take parts to reduce poverty
Stranger: Not yet
Stranger: But i love to
You: Well I can't. I don't live there.
You: All I can do is support transparent charities, really
Stranger: Hey i have question
Stranger: I dont know why
Stranger: Everyone have wrong perception abou india
Stranger: That is
Stranger: India is poor, and suffering from poverty
Stranger: But the fact is
You: There is a huge wealth divide.
Stranger: Where??
You: In India
Stranger: Ohh
You: Developed countries also don't have slums:
You: Dharavi Slum Mumbai.
Bhalswa Slum Delhi.
Nochikuppam Slum Chennai.
Basanti Slum Kolkata.
Rajendra Nagar Slum Bangalore.
Indiramma Nagar Hyderabad.
Saroj Nagar Slum Nagpur.
Mehbullahpur Slum Lucknow.
Stranger: How did you know about that divide
You: Idk, common knowledge
Stranger: Ohh really
You: My perception from talking with Indians on Omegle, is that most think it's the person's personal choice to be in poverty
You: and that we should assume that for everyone
You: and leave it be.
You: I don't make such assumptions.
Stranger: But most of them do
Stranger: Anyways
You: Although, I don't know any charities in India. The ones I know are in Africa.
Stranger: Leave it,
Stranger: Ohh really in africa
You: Yes?
You: Against Malaria Foundation is one.
Stranger: Tell me about us lifestyle
Stranger: Ohh nice
Stranger: How much indians are there in us
You: I don't know
You: https://www.bls.gov/tus/charts/students.htm
You: https://www.bls.gov/tus/charts/leisure.htm
Stranger: Whats that
You: Pictures
You: It shows we watch a lot of TV
Stranger: Ohh really
Stranger: Shocking
You: Ha =)
Stranger: And i assume, you guys are not in tv
You: What?
Stranger: Ha? 😯
Stranger: I mean not that much interested in tv and all
Stranger: You know that word ha
You: I think it dilutes our morals
You: Anyway I gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment