Saturday, November 24, 2018

Intro to EA

You: Hey. 23. Like discussing what to do about absolute poverty. Open to other topics too.
Stranger: What're your solutions?
You: A solution to ending all extreme/absolute poverty?
You: I did not mean that
You: Just mean doing what I can do to help
Stranger: Ah, okay
You: So depending on one's circumstances
You: it's just spending time doing certain volunteering
You: or, usually better, which charity one's money supports
You: And that's assuming one keeps their original career path
You: Because it may be better to change careers, but I just don't want to
Stranger: What do you do?
You: for my occupation or which charities I support?
Stranger: Occupation
Stranger: Well, both
You: college
You: electrical engineering
You: Against Malaria Foundation
You: or SCI
You: Although, I've supported GiveDirectly too

[Then talked about what they wanted to talk about.]

No comments:

Post a Comment