Saturday, November 24, 2018

Nihilism, altruism

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hello!
You both like nihilism.
Stranger: hello hello
You: hello
Stranger: were you here yesterday?
You: yes
Stranger: remember any conversations?
You: yes--this 36 year old with aspergers
Stranger: what was the interest that you two shared?
You: philosophy
Stranger: what was his?
You: his what?
Stranger: philosophy
You: yes; he talked about 1/7 for quite awhile and how he is so "clever:"
Stranger: whats 1/7?
You: Why do you have nihilism for an interest? (He wanted the decimal equivalent. He rambled most of the time.)
Stranger: well I think Im close to a nihilist
Stranger: and would like to talk to other people who think similarly
You: likewise
Stranger: its very difficult to find people with enough depth but without any kind of divine crusade
Stranger: or environment one
You: Here on omegle?
Stranger: anywhere, so far this is the best place to find for such kind of rare people
You: what's the reason(s) you do not commit suicide? Also, age & loc
Stranger: live isint suffering
You: 19 US WI
You: do you work?
Stranger: just because life is empty doesnt mean that its a bad thing
Stranger: buddhists got the same idea really
Stranger: there are benefits for removing everything from your life
Stranger: Im 27 and from Finland and no I do not work
You: don't you live somewhere? how is daily living paid for?
Stranger: Im a shareholder
Stranger: could live with unemployment checks as well
Stranger: I dont spend much money
You: what stock?
You: (s)
Stranger: its a medium sized business here in Finland
You: I have been somewhat set on what you call "divine crusade." Tell me if living a life trying to eliminate extreme poverty is what you mean by "divine crusade?" And what do you think about it?
Stranger: it is one
Stranger: its completely pointless
You: what is your highest education; audodidactism counts?
Stranger: graphic designing in an university
You: no offence, did you finish?
Stranger: no I quit after I finished the courses
Stranger: I dont get offended
Stranger: ever
Stranger: and Im not one to look for others to learn
Stranger: I figure things out on my own
Stranger: I have no hunger for knowledge
You: yes, about two weeks ago I talked with someone who had the same interest we have today. he used the word intuition
You: otherwise do you live the traditional lifestyle? ie, pairing up, family, etc
Stranger: nope, I live pretty much as a hermit
You: haha
You: what do you do all day?
You: I am guessing you do not read nonfiction
Stranger: this
Stranger: only something that I stumble upon
Stranger: enjoy the arts, human creativity in general
Stranger: talk to people etc.
Stranger: online
Stranger: not in person
You: why not in person
Stranger: its such a small chance that I find them interesting
Stranger: that its better to just ignore everyone
Stranger: at most I will miss a chuckle
Stranger: probably skip alot of possible frustration and awkwardness
You: maybe...
You:http://hateandanger.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/lood-at-these-people-glassy-eyed-automatons-going-about-their-daily-lives-never-stopping-to-look-around-and-think-im-the-only-conscious-human-in-a-world-of-sheep.jpg
You: its a picture
Stranger: I know what it is just from the link
Stranger: unfortunately thats not how it is for me
You: intuition will not help you here
You: its interesting
Stranger: if I had to insert myself into that picture I wouldnt even be on that train
You: ?
You: where then?
Stranger: or metro
Stranger: somewhere else
Stranger: its a metaphor
Stranger: they are moving, going to somewhere
Stranger: they are living goal driven lives
Stranger: I am not
Stranger: I wouldnt be going anywhere
You: its a trope--the train going to nowhere that is. the movie Good Will Hunting had this trope in it
You: so you're probably the best one to ask this question:
You: is being an autodidact frivolous?
Stranger: no one can say whats better or worse, good or bad etc.
Stranger: I dont care for it
Stranger: I do not feel the urge
You: for what?
Stranger: to look for information
Stranger: for knowledge
Stranger: it will come naturally in time
Stranger: I dont feel that I gain anything from it
Stranger: I dont have a hole that needs to be filled
Stranger: no sickness that needs to be cured
Stranger: as long as the rain from the sky isint enough for you and you have a need to pick up a bucket and poar more water you wont be complete nor content
Stranger: or "happy"
You: have you "heard" about the 9 stages of ego developement
You: http://www.stillpointintegral.com/docs/cook-greuter.pdf
You: also I do not seek happiness
You: intentionally like everyone else or to the point of excess,that most do
Stranger: havent heard about it
You: do you have interest in me explaining it in a nutshell?
Stranger: go ahead
Stranger: hit enter every now and then
Stranger: bite sizing makes it easier
Stranger: no one likes a wall of text
You: so we go through these supposed stages. the beginning stages are about necessity and mostly about children, then it gets a little complicated,
You: but basically each stage is like an expanding disk, shown on page 3.
You: People expand the disk and usually move up until about stage 4/5 (or somewhere around that stage).
You: this is what I have assumed to be the "traditional lifestyle"
You: although, I have not thought to fit nihilism into this theory,
You: until now
Stranger: and where does it go
You: its been about a year since I read the whole thing and a few articles along with. I think the maker could not give it an end ego stage. the last stage written about is Stage 6.
You: maker = author
Stranger: so is nihilism where it ends?
Stranger: or is there something after it
You: I do not know.
You: From what stage 5 & 6 were about: I do not think so
You: don't stereotype me for this platitude:
You: what if the majority of people lived your lifestyle?
Stranger: its a luxurity
Stranger: if the world wasnt like it is I wouldnt be living this life style
You: ok. but you are more selfish?
Stranger: my selfishness is limited to my indifference towards most things
You: do you have stoicism as an interest?
Stranger: nope
You: what then?
Stranger: mbti types
Stranger: apathy, indifference
Stranger: buddhism
Stranger: hermit
Stranger: recluse
You: hermit--haa
Stranger: oh and cynicism
You: here on omegle?
Stranger: yes, thats what you asked?
You: yep
Stranger: selfishness as well
You: shweeb× autodidact× autodidactism× extreme poverty× poverty× altruism× nihilism× absurdism× Igby Goes Down× Good Will Hunting× electrical engineering× inventing× platteville× art of tracking× tracking× nonfiction× rhetoric× afflict× affliction× education× educational reform× reform× Nietzsche× The Challenge of World Povetry× Challenge of World Povetry× MIT OCW× OCW× MOOC× MOOCs× learning× lll× lifelong learner× lifelong learning× philosophy× purpose× meaning× visonary× critical thinking× haiti× Existentialism× Existential× Existentialist× coursera×
You: is mine
You: what do you think
Stranger: altruism
You: what about it
Stranger: not a fan
You: I thought you were indifferent for most things--what else are you not indifferent about?
Stranger: well I meant personally
Stranger: of course its a positive things in general
You: I know--a slight egotistical though
Stranger: but I only act altruistic when its for my own interest
Stranger: if you mindlessly follow you emotions you are just a tool
You: altruism is lessening your own circumstances for another
Stranger: its self-sacrifcie
Stranger: its brainwashing, which peak is probably suicide terrorists
You: what is brainwashing?
Stranger: education
You: public edu--definitely yes. NOT autodidactism
Stranger: not just schools
You: o. you mean all of it?
Stranger: yes, whole growing up
Stranger: how to act, behave, feel
You: well yes...freeganists, autodidacts, and such are not
You: if nothing really matters, why should I live a life for myself. Have you ever met a nihilist who had or is doing this? or anyone who wants "no life" and is content
Stranger: well you cant be alive without living for yourself
Stranger: so its not an option
Stranger: I havent met anyone who was as extreme as I am
You: I mean, truly living (besides the necessitates) not for yourself. You are living a lifestyle for yourself.
Stranger: you are living for yourself if you take care of the necessities
You: overall
Stranger: if you dont care about yourself then you are going to di
Stranger: die
You: I more-so mean a paradox
Stranger: thats just strawmanning it to a point of ridicule, people who dont understand something do this
You: by living "no life" for others benefit. by living explicitly to increase your utility for the mere benefit of others.
You: this kind of lifestyle would actually be meaningful:
You: through no meaning ~paradox
Stranger: yes it feels meaningful
Stranger: you feel
Stranger: and those feeling have a reason
Stranger: because it is altruistic behavior
Stranger: so naturally it is rewarded
Stranger: it helps us as race to survive and progress
Stranger: without this system of rewarding we wouldnt be here
Stranger: its still brainwashing or programming
Stranger: call it what you want
You: but it is not a reward to ME
Stranger: it is
You: after I'm dead, there is no "reward"
You: no gold star
Stranger: yes but you do it while you are living because it gives you meaning
Stranger: and you feel bad without meaning in your life
You: yes, it is attached though. I do not necessarily "feel" bad right now...maybe
You: the meaning is attached--not the main component
Stranger: I understand that most people wont understand or agree with my thoughts or lifestyle
Stranger: you really need to be obsessed with authenticity like I am
Stranger: otherwise you can be content with a meaningful life
You: why should I care if others are authentic?
Stranger: if you dont, you dont
Stranger: there is nothing you should or shouldnt
You: nice answer
Stranger: people are different
Stranger: there is no best way of living
Stranger: there is no best of anything
You: better though?
Stranger: depends on the goal you try to reach
Stranger: put if the goal doesnt matter then what is better of worse is irrelevant
Stranger: but*
You: Right now, I cannot wrap my mind around......always neither
Stranger: doesnt matter how intuitive or intellect you are - you can never see every possibility, every reaction to every action
Stranger: you can only understand that this is how it is
Stranger: you are doomed to be wrong if you try to be right
You: I believe in time to be the true balance: with time...
You: "Of course, indifference can be tempting—more than that, seductive. It is so much easier to look away from victims….In a way, to be indifferent to suffering is what makes the human being inhuman.

Indifference, after all, is more dangerous than anger and hatred. Anger can at times be creative."
Stranger: its dangerous because its not altruistic
Stranger: understand that everything that is popular is altruistic
Stranger: it wouldnt survive if it werent
You: I do not agree.
Stranger: just like humans wouldnt survive if they lived my lifestyle
You: that is a sort of stereotype
Stranger: and because Im not altruistic I wont try to teach people my way
Stranger: its going to die with me
Stranger: it will never become popular
Stranger: and thats how it is with things that arent altruistic
You: very few people are altruistic. it is not popular
Stranger: almost everyone is
Stranger: of course you can nit pick everything
Stranger: that people are selfish because they act on their emotions
Stranger: but they still act altruistic
You: many people are of a low "level" of altrusim
You: i do not mean this
Stranger: yes they are tools but even the people who use the tools are just working for the factory
You: that's my exact point,
You: the people similar to meas who are tools making an attempt
You: have a frivolous pursuit.
You: it does not matter.
You: why not live against how everyone else lives
You: by living for others
You: you live for yourself--just as everyone else
You: and I mean overall. not including health, etc
You: it is not happy or enjoyable
Stranger: Im living against myself in a sense that Im doing what doesnt come naturally to me
You: i think you cling to your sort of nihilism
Stranger: I know Im obsessed with authenticity and perfection
Stranger: and these are easiest to please with emptyness
You: are you a perfectionist?
Stranger: yes
You: my dad is
Stranger: authenticity and perfection are pretty much the same thing
You: not really
Stranger: they are both something pure in essence
Stranger: and absolute
You: one or two of the same node--different meaning
You: completely different
You: so I have concluded--ended--that you live for yourself. that is the Purpose of your life. This is how you are unoriginal--like everyone else. You are not rare.
Stranger: we humans reason with categorizing things
Stranger: and what we dont understand with put into the uncategorized box
Stranger: it sure is a big box
You: yes. its called how our brains make meaning out of data
You: I do not have to understand the motives behind intentions of the self.
You: pseudonihilism is the exact category
You: do you have an email?
Stranger: sure
Stranger: skype and facebook as well
You: what's the email?
hidden email
You have disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment