Sunday, November 30, 2014

16 prospective engineer from Brazil


You both like learn.
Stranger: hello
You: hi
You: I enjoy learning almost everything, what do you enjoy the most?
Stranger: well right now I'm dedicated to learn English
Stranger: where r u from?
You: wisconsin US
You: it's the only real language I know
You: but I'm also playing around on Duolingo Spanish
Stranger: oh great, I'm from Brazil and I'm in duolingo too, but learning english of course
Stranger: so I'm really sorry if I make mistakes with the language
You: use any other tools?
You: mesmerize.com?
You: and your English is great
You: so far, I would've believed your from inside the states
You: if you said so
You: you're
You: look at that, I don't even know English well enough to avoid that simple mistake!
Stranger: ohhh thanks
Stranger: I'm really challenge my self with this
Stranger: I'm just 16, trying to learn english by my self, so it's kinda hard for me
Stranger: schools here really sucks
You: how so?
You: I took Spanish when I was about that age, don't remember much
Stranger: just watching tons of series haha
Stranger: and movies
Stranger: spanish is not my thing
You: yes, I figured
Stranger: so do you like us?
You: portuguese speaking people?
Stranger: no haha, sorry, I meant living in US
You: I guess. Haven't lived anywhere else besides Sheboygan (pop. 51,000) and the college town of my university
You: uwplatt.edu
You: both in wisconsin
You: never traveled internationally
You: but I'm getting my passport very soon
Stranger: so am I
You: do you plan to come here?
You: or where?
Stranger: I was going to try immigration process for US when finish college, but it's really hard
Stranger: so now I'm thinking about trying to Australia or Canada
Stranger: but I plan to visit US someday
You: wow, so actually living here? that's what you wanted to do?
Stranger: yes
You: I forget how good my circumstances are ~ take it for granted
You: what do you wish Brazil had?
Stranger: before answering your question, let me ask you one thing
Stranger: what image do you have of Brazil?
You: big city surrounded by lush forest; I also think of a photo I saw of a big skyscraper hotel or something and houses with pools on top--then right next to that are slums
Stranger: beaches and bikinis too? haha
You: also think of the huge Jesus on the hill & a video game near there with slum like houses
You: nope, I don't think of any beaches
You: tell me the reality
Stranger: haha ok
Stranger: well most of people that answer me that question describe me utopia with beaches, sun, pools, girls, party all day and stuff like that
Stranger: but it's nothing like that
Stranger: It's a corrupted country
Stranger: the economy sucks, education sucks, the quality of life sucks
Stranger: I'm not saying that other countries like United States, Australia or Canada don't have problems
Stranger: but it is so much better
You: ah, thank you for the insight
Stranger: in Brazil or you are really rich or really poor
You: I talk with a guy from Vitoria De Conquista
You: & I didn't know
You: anything more specific you can tell me?
Stranger: I don't think so, I'm sorry for bothering you with all this angry with Brazil
Stranger: sometimes I get mad haha
You: I wasn't bothered
Stranger: how old are you?
You: 20
Stranger: are you in college?
You: yes
You: uwplatt.edu
Stranger: what's your major?
Stranger: * I'm not sure if it's "major" the name haha
You: that is the name
You: electrical engineering
You: probably going to minor in math since it's only a few more credits
Stranger: oooohhhh awesome
You: who do you want to be?
Stranger: I intend to do electrical engineering too
Stranger: engineer *
Stranger: what a coincidence haha
Stranger: do you like?
You: I think I do
You: I'm just in it to where it will take me
Stranger: I'm choosing on electrical engineer or computer engineer
Stranger: I'm a senior and I recently got accepted on a computer engineer college
You: nice
Stranger: but I'm waiting for to be accepted on the electrical engineer
You: oh
You: good in math?
Stranger: I'm not a math genius, I'm just fine
You: I'm not either
You: find things to like though
You: then, you will grow to really enjoy calculus
Stranger: so I'm kinda worried cause of that, people are always saying that you need to love math for make engineer
You: I didn't love it, but I'm passing
You: don't worry
Stranger: I don't hate math, it was just not my favorite class
You: it's a love-hate relationship
Stranger: I hope so
You: mostly, get good professors
You: even if you have to get work study and become a part time student so you can get a good prof for the next semester
Stranger: work study in colleges here takes to long to happen
Stranger: just in the last years of college

No comments:

Post a Comment