Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Tracking

Stranger: tom
You: adam
You: age?
Stranger: 23
You: 20
Stranger: whats up
You: just was on OpenStudy math
You: then came here
You: just now
Stranger: lol needed a break from math
You: na, just didn't have much to ask
You: and I spend too much time helping people though easy
You: questions anyways
Stranger: ah what brings you on here
You: I've never really said this explicitly, and it sounds a little weird, but
You: to grow as a person
You: gain new perspectives
You: realize new skills to learn
You: share people's stories
Stranger: oh like meet new people and stuff like that
You: that's how it happens
You: so do you know a certain skill that not everyone knows?
Stranger: just how to track
You: animal?
Stranger: animals people anything that walks in the woods
You: aw, that is badass
You: I started a book about animal tracking...
You: but I didn't but in enough "dirt time"
You: for it to stick
Stranger: books really have nothing on what the older generation has to offer
You: what do you mean?
Stranger: books can only show you what might be there but someone who has been doing it all there life can show you way more
You: ya, but I'd have to pay them
You: Tom Brown Junior, if he's still alive has a course
You: sort of a course
Stranger: not really most time's if you go out to where the older guys hunt and talk to them for some time they well teach you
You: sweet
You: is that how you learned? but who specifically: uncle, dad, etc?
Stranger: grandpa, dad, people I've met
You: that sounds all right, but I think the only time I'd have a worthwhile shot (while not on private property) is during season
You: and don't most hunters just want to hunt, not really be bothered?
Stranger: most of the older guy who go out alone are looking for someone to hunt with since most of the time there own kids wont
You: oh....ok
Stranger: how I learned
You: so should I go out just during deer season?
You: when are other times?
Stranger: more during October during the bird seasons not deer
You: why bird? I've just thought about animal tracks...

No comments:

Post a Comment