Friday, April 13, 2018

Philosophy issues/topics

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You both like philosophy.
You: Hi
Stranger: hey
Stranger: What's up
You: not much
Stranger: You into philosophy?
You: yep
Stranger: I'm trying to get into it
You: what're you reading?
Stranger: I don't know where to start haha
Stranger: but I read Plato's Euthyphro dialogue
You: That's great
You: The Republic, at least parts of it, is also a good read
You: You can only rescue one of each of the following, which do you save?
a) A child or an adult
Stranger: depends on the two individuals
You: That's all you know about them
Stranger: child, then
You: b) A stranger or your dog
Stranger: stranger
You: c) Hitler or your cat
Stranger: cat
You: d) Your spouse or a Nobel Laureate
Stranger: i don't have a spouse, but I assume you want me to imagine that I did?
You: Yes, perhaps in the future
Stranger: spouse
You: f) Your entire family or the entire canine species
Stranger: family
You: wow, interesting
You: g) A bottle with the cure for cancer or your brother
You: or sister
Stranger: and we're assuming that it's the cure for every different kind of cancer?
You: na, how about one kind
Stranger: hmm what kind lmao
You: you don't know
You: it could be breast, lung, cervical, prostate
Stranger: or some super rare shit that only affects 10 people a year
You: how about it's one of the ones I listed
Stranger: it's a tough one... but probably the bottle
You: h) A bottle with the cure for (the same) cancer or your brother/sister who just gave you one of their kidneys
Stranger: bottle
You: That's all I got
Stranger: how'd i do lol
Stranger: the animal ones are pretty easy for me to decide on
You: I'd save the canaries as species
You: (And the canines)
Stranger: I value humans much much much much more than animals
You: Yes, I can see
You: Well, have a nice night!
You have disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment