Monday, October 24, 2016

deep stuff

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
Stranger's college: uwplatt.edu
You: know anything deep to talk about?
You: can't really get to that stuff
Stranger: Hmm
You: in a normal conversation
You: you know, "deep" stuff
Stranger: "deep" in what meaning?
Stranger: Like, a stoner saying "woah thats deep man?"
Stranger: In otherwords, I don't know
You: I want to check with an expert source
You: urban dictionary
Stranger: Check what?
Stranger: Deep?
You: concept, abstraction, or theory
Stranger: ?
Stranger: Lost me
You: ya, I lost myself with that definition too!
Stranger: Lol
Stranger: So, what did you mean?
You: Well, I keep reading the definitions on Urban Dictionary
Stranger: Oh no
You: and they're not what I mean
Stranger: Lol
Stranger: So, Urban Dictionary will tell me what you don't mean?
You: Well, I could give examples...but I want you to think up a topic instead of me restricting our discussion to what I know
You: lots of depth, complex.
You: "This book I'm reading is deep."
Stranger: I am willing to discuss whatever you want.
Stranger: Okay
Stranger: Feel free to limit conversation all you wish.
You: lol
You: all right, I'll throw out some choices
Stranger: Okay
You: ethics (how are we Good people? relative to everyone else...relative to most people being just "everyday" good people)
You: future utopian society (what will things be like...probably...maybe)
You: more ethics type stuff, connected to the same topic (Good), but about other things
You: hmmmm, I know there's more deep stuff
Stranger: Lol
Stranger: Hmm
Stranger: First, what is your name?
You: Adam
Stranger: Okay, I am Myles.
You: nice to meet you
Stranger: And you.
Stranger: Hmm
Stranger: Back to picking....
Stranger: Utopian society I think
You: ok, good choice
You: before we go into it tho, do you know
You: what a stream of consciousness is in terms of writing?
Stranger: I do not.
You: free writing
You: that's what it is
Stranger: Okay
You: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_writing
You: feel free to do that
You: I will not mind...I'll actually like that more
Stranger: Okay
Stranger: I can try
You: anyway, what do you think people will do with their free time
You: to ad infinitum
You: technology very advanced
Stranger: Any free time they have decided is unneeded.
Stranger: Hibernation pods to go into statis until something is going on.
You: what?
Stranger: Everything they might need to do in their free time is automated.
Stranger: So, they aren't needed.
You: what do you mean automated?
Stranger: Robots or something similar are taking care of everything.
Stranger: Cleaning the house, doing the cooking, etc.
You: couldn't they create any experience they want though?
Stranger: And they do in the pods.
Stranger: While they sleep/dream.
Stranger: They create any experience they wish.
You: ah
Stranger: Even more freedom than what the technology gives them.
You: there's a Bruce Willis movie about something similar
Stranger: Oh really?
Stranger: As if I knew that XD
You: ya, let me find it...
You: Surrogates (2009)
Stranger: Okay, I will check that out
You: I haven't seen it
Stranger: Darn, only on Netflix DVD.
You: hm? there's always this old of movie available to stream from somewhere online
Stranger: Yea, just not digging right now.
You: I see
Stranger: So, what are your thoughts?
You: I feel like tech would be so advanced to the point where actual physical experiences could be recreated
You: to the human intellect flawlessly
You: so any fictional character (such as a lead character in a movie)
You: could be stepped into
Stranger: Huh
You: but, for people with depression...I think there would be a higher chance of suicide
Stranger: Probably
You: then again, you see Hot Tub Time Machine II?
Stranger: I have not.
You: the youngest character tries to commit suicide, but there's like some hinky forcefield that catches him unexpectedly
Stranger: Huh
You: why do you think they're might probably be more depression suicides?
Stranger: Because of the contrast between how they seen their lives and how life really is.
You: Life would be almost anything they would want it to be though.
Stranger: It has been nice talking, but I got to go.
You: adios
You have disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment