Thursday, December 25, 2014

questions

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say merry Christmas!
You both like questions.
Stranger: where are you from and where would you rather be?
You: US
You: wisconsin
You: not really
Stranger: lol
Stranger: I'm in Cali,but I'd rather be traveling to like Australia or something
Stranger: your turn!
You: what is something different you wouldn't tell someone face to face--about yourself?
You: or more about what you've done/thought
Stranger: ummm....
Stranger: I guess that I parked in a handicap zone lol
Stranger: that question was pretty similar to the previous one though..
Stranger: Ok, here goes another one...... Who has had the biggest influence on your life?
You: that's hard to say
Stranger: Yeah... it's a very difficult question really
You: yes it is
You: still thinking..
Stranger: well... you may skip it if you'd like
You: skip, but I'll just say
You: Peter Singer
Stranger: Ah, well that works haha
You: are you religious?
Stranger: I try to be.
You: specifically?
Stranger: Christian Protestant
Stranger: What is your favorite animal?
You: skip
Stranger: oh stop... you got one more skip lol
You: ok
You: so are you going to go again?
Stranger: Um, I thought you would ask the next one.
You: all right
You: what is a skill you'd like to be an expert at?
Stranger: Ooh, good one.
Stranger: I'd say linguistics. I think it would serve a wonderful role in my life.
Stranger: Ok, hypothetically... If you were going to die no matter what, and the method of dying was drowning.... what liquid would you drown in?
You: water
Stranger: Simple lol
You: just wouldn't think about it if that were the case
You: what do you know about Buddhism? or what do you think the fat guy in chinese restaurants is?
Stranger: Well, I know fairly little. I talked to one of my advisors in school who is a Buddhist and it was pretty interesting. The nobel truths. The eight-fold path etc. About the history and origins... I know the basics. Honestly.... Buddhism and Christ's teachings are fairly similar.
Stranger: What is one goal you have set yourself to accomplish in your life?
You: Earn to Give
You: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earning_to_give
You: What is one goal you have set yourself to accomplish in your life?
Stranger: Gosh... repeat much? ;P
You: yep
You: simple
You: easy
Stranger: I want to get a post-secondary education
Stranger: Have you ever considered suicide? If yes, why?
You: Yes, just couldn't justify cont. my life~I maayyy have been a little depressed, but I don't think so.
You: did't know what I should be better at
You: didn't have purpose
You: no meaning back then
Stranger: Ah, I understand
You: what is a unique skill you kind of have?
Stranger: umm, I can throw a baseball up to 85 mph. Terrible control though.
Stranger: What terrifies you the most? (besides the option of mortality)
You: damn, you really got me there
Stranger: lol
Stranger: one more skip
You: one of my cousings hanging
You: what's something unique about you?
Stranger: I have a very unconventional face. Some say it is ugly but I've had many people mention it is "unique." Probably them being nice haha.
Stranger: Oh... I can whistle with my tongue!
Stranger: What is the biggest problem humanity is facing today? (your esteemed opinion of course)
You: can I say just for america?
Stranger: Sure
You: decadence, e.g., watching tv
Stranger: Haha
You: what is your favorite tv show or movie?
Stranger: True Detective
Stranger: What is the worst book you've read?
You: let me go find it
You: ...
You: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/333810.The_Secret_Language_of_Competitive_Intelligence
Stranger: ah, now that sounds intriguing
You: what?!
You: no it was terrable!
You: skimmed it--and it still was monstrously terrible
Stranger: Hey! I'll take your word for it lol. Trust but verify!
You: what are three of your favorite nonfiction books?
Stranger: Well shit.
You: lololl
Stranger: On Liberty - John Stuart Mill, 2nd Treatise - Locke, ummm..... as of recent then.... Legacy of Ashes - Tim Weiner
Stranger: What do you think unifies or is present in all if not most humans? (Besides evolutionary traits such as flight or fight responses etc.)
You: I want to use a skim, but a moment more...
Stranger: These are some thinking questions lol
Stranger: Me and a buddy spent an entire evening thinking about just this haha
Stranger has disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment